Bathstore is committed to the online privacy of all its users. This policy statement is designed to give a clear explanation of Bathstore's data processing practices. For your protection, we are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have given all appropriate notifications to the Information Commissioner.
To improve customer experience and our quality of service, we use technology on areas of the site to record user movements including page scrolling and text entered into forms. The information this technology collects does not include bank details and will be for internal use only. Data collected in this manner assists us in identifying usability issues as well as improving technical support for users.
In order to provide users with a personalised and valuable service, we operate a voluntary registration process. During registration a user is required to give their contact information.
INFORMATION THAT WE WILL COLLECT:
- All the information necessary to fulfil your order including, your name, telephone number, your email address, and delivery address.
- The web server also collects data pertaining to every visitor, including the IP address, the length of time spent on the site and the pages accessed when visiting the site.
- We may ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with products purchased, and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our products and services. You are not obliged to provide this information, and you can opt out of this correspondence during registration.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Processing your order.
- For registration purposes if you open an account.
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- Our representatives may follow up, either by e-mail, phone or fax to people who have purchased goods from our site as part of our customer care procedures.
- We may periodically send promotional e-mail about new products, special offers or other information, which we think, you may find interesting, using the e-mail address provided by you.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax or post, unless you have registered with the appropriate Preference Service.
We also allow selected third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site. We currently use two companies for this and you can see their privacy policies at the following addresses:
Bathstore will use its best endeavours to protect the information you provide. Access to your information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The servers on which we store personally identifiable information, are kept in a secure environment.
To help us keep this information confidential, you should:
- Keep your password secret.
- Never distribute the URLs for pages that you have looked at, while logged in as a registered customer.
WHO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WITH AND YOUR CHOICES:
When you use this site and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing that we may use your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy statement.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties other than our subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may release your personal information to our authorised direct marketing agents unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen.
This process may include sending personal information outside of the European Economic Area and, if necessary, across international borders. The data protection laws in these countries may not be as extensive as in the European Economic Area. However, we have taken appropriate steps to ensure the same level of protection for the processing carried out in these countries as within the European Economic Area.
If you have not previously objected to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us and requesting removal.
A cookie is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree (or your browser agrees automatically if you have set it up in that way), your browser adds that text in a small file. A cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets web site operators know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. For example, when you visit an electronic store, a cookie makes it easier to shop, by allowing you to place things into a shopping basket; the basket itself is not a cookie; the cookie is placed on your hard drive and keeps track of your basket versus others in use at the same time.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our web site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Denial of a traffic log cookie may prevent you from using the web site. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better web site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. This practice is strictly enforced. We know that people have concerns about cookies, but we believe that the benefit that you and Bathstore gain from their proper use is worthwhile. You may set up your web browser to notify you of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely (although declining them may prevent you from being able to use the web site properly or at all). You can delete the files that contain cookies - those files are stored as part of your Internet browser.
This site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Bathstore is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites and accordingly assumes no responsibility whatsoever in respect of such sites. Furthermore, Bathstore does not endorse any products and/or services featured on any third party site. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the site in question.
EMAIL, NEWSLETTERS, OPT OUT AND UNSUBSCRIBE:
Users have the option to subscribe to various email services, which we offer. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option not to receive these types of communication.
CORRECTION/UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION:
If a user's personally identifiable information changes we will correct, update or remove that user's personal data as speedily as possible. You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. This fee will not exceed £10. If you would like a copy of the information held on you or would like us to correct, amend or update your information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES:
The servers on which we store personally identifiable information, are kept in a secure environment.
To help us keep this information confidential, you should:
* keep your password secret
* never distribute the URL’s for pages that you have looked at, while logged in as a registered customer.